LxMLS 2020 will take place July 21st to July 29th at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), a leading Engineering and Science school in Portugal. It is organized jointly by IST, the Instituto de Telecomunicações, the Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Lisboa (INESC-ID), Unbabel, Priberam Labs and Cleverly
Click here for information about past editions (LxMLS 2011, LxMLS 2012, LxMLS 2013, LxMLS 2014, LxMLS 2015, LxMLS 2016, LxMLS 2017, LxMLS 2018, LxMLS 2019) and to watch the videos of the lectures (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017,2018).
Please take into account the following:
- The school starts July 21st which gives plenty of room for the current situation to improve.
- The act of applying signifies no compromise on your side to attend. Only after the acceptance emails are issued (decision on (Updated) April 22nd) you will know if you have been accepted. Even if you are accepted, you will still have to confirm that you wish to attend, register and pay.
The early registration period ends on June 30d. If the situation was still uncertain by then we would also consider other measures such as delaying that date.
Our target audience is:
- Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational Linguistics;
- Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
- Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of these subjects.
Features of LxMLS:
- No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is required, but the attendants are assumed to have some basic background on mathematics and programming
- Lecturers are leading researchers in machine learning and natural language processing (see speakers)
- Days are divided into morning lectures and afternoon lab sessions and practical talks (see schedule)
- The Labs guide will be provided one month in advance. Last year’s guide can be found here
- A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises
- Both basic (e.g linear classifiers) and advanced topics (e.g. deep learning, reinforcement learning) will be covered
- Students will be able to (optionally) show their current work in poster sessions during coffee breaks
- In the demo day students will be able to interact with technical companies and research institutions working in machine learning
- Welcome reception, Gala dinner, daily lunch as well as morning and afternoon coffee breaks are included in the application fee
A group photo from previous year’s attendees:
A group photo previous year’s labs team:
Official Carrier (see here for the instructions on discounts):