LxMLS 2018 will take place June 14th-21th at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), a leading Engineering and Science school in Portugal. It is organized jointly by IST, the Instituto de Telecomunicações, the Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Lisboa (INESC-ID), Unbabel, Priberam Labs and Feedzai.
Click here for information about past editions (LxMLS 2011, LxMLS 2012, LxMLS 2013, LxMLS 2014, LxMLS 2015, LxMLS 2016, LxMLS 2017) and to watch the videos of the lectures (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017).
Our target audience is:
- Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational Linguistics;
- Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
- Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of these subjects.
Features of LxMLS:
- No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is required, but the attendants are assumed to have at least some basic background on probabilities and programming;
- Recommended reading is provided one month in advance. As a reference, last years guide can be accessed here
- Includes a strong practical component;
- A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
- Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (see schedule);
- Both basic (e.g linear classifiers) and advanced topics (e.g. deep learning) will be covered;
- Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.