LxMLS 2016 will take place July 21-28 at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), a leading Engineering and Science school in Portugal. It is organized jointly by IST, the Instituto de Telecomunicações and the Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Lisboa (INESC-ID). Click here for information about past editions (LxMLS 2011, LxMLS 2012, LxMLS 2013, LxMLS 2014, LxMLS 2015) and to watch the videos of the lectures (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014).
The school covers a range of machine learning (ML) Topics, from theory to practice, that are important in solving natural language processing (NLP) problems that arise in the analysis and use of Web data.
Our target audience is:
- Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational Linguistics;
- Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
- Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of these subjects.
Features of LxMLS:
- No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is required, but the attendants are assumed to have at least some basic background on probabilities and programming;
- Recommended reading is provided one month in advance, see the labs guide of 2015 as reference;
- Includes a strong practical component;
- A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
- Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (see schedule);
- Both basic (e.g linear classifiers) and advanced topics (e.g. deep learning) will be covered;
- Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
Gold Sponsor: Silver Sponsor:
Official Demo Day sponsor:
Official Carrier (see here for the instructions on discounts):