Application period is closed. Please do not contact firstname.lastname@example.org for matters related to late application.
Registration instructions will be sent by email after the application period is over.
INVITATION LETTERS FOR VISA APPLICATIONS
Attendees who need an Invitation Letter for applying to a Visa to travel to Portugal should send us the following information:
- full name;
- passport information: number, issue date and place, and expiration date;
- the address to which you would like the Invitation Letter to be sent to.
February 23rd – April 8th
8th 11th, please excuse the delay. This year we have a record number of submissions.
May 8th – June 8th
The registration fee for all activities is:
- 250 EUR for students (late registration: 300 EUR)
- 300 EUR for professors or researchers affiliated to a university (late registration: 350 EUR)
- 350 EUR for everyone else (late registration: 400 EUR)
- Full participation in lectures and practical sessions
- Lunch, coffee breaks and banquet
NOTE: A discount of 50 EUR applies to all prices above for those who are not attending the lab sessions.
We appreciate the support from Google, Priberam and Feedzai, thanks to which a limited number of scholarships will be provided. Detailed instructions about how to apply will be posted shortly.
- In partnership with Google, we will provide a limited number of grants that cover the registration. The grants may cover travel, accommodation, and registration expenses. Only PhD and Post-Doc students are eligible (priority will be given to PhD students). Grants will be given according to the relevance of the applicant’s work in the fields of machine learning and natural language processing.
- Priberam will also provide grants covering the registration (no travel expenses will be covered by these grants). Any master student from a Portuguese institution is eligible, as long as she/he does not have any affiliation to a lab that could provide the funding. Preference will be given to early-year students who have top academic performance and interests in machine learning and/or natural language processing.
- Feedzai is proud to provide grants covering the LxMLS 2015 registration. Any Msc. or Phd student, with Portuguese or foreign nationality is eligible. Preference is given to students near their degree completion who have top academic performance and are experienced or interested in classification, highly unbalanced datasets or very large scale problems.